Explore the main sights in one day with a private local guide and get the best recommendations how to organize the rest of your time in budapest
TOUR DURATION: 7 hrs
PRICE: Please ask for an offer, price may be vary based on the size of the group and season.
Full day trip to know the very best of the city
We will get to the Heroes Square first, among king’s and patriot’s statues I will proudly sum up 1000 year history, how my country was found. We protected Europe from the Ottomans, but ended up always on the wrong side loosing so much territories.
We will walk to a castle then, which originally was made by carton and paper, and nowadays a real architectural masterpiece complex.
We will take the underground metro line, the first one on the Continental Europe to the city center, originally pulled by horses, then it become electric. We spend half of the day on the Pest side looking for barely visible tiny statues, and large- if not the largest- historical buildings, such as the Basilica and the breathtaking Parliament.
No space here to tell you all my plans, but after this day you will be fascinated about this city, you will understand our past and behaviour better. History, gastronomy, political discussions, and everyday life, we will discuss it all. You can always ask me questions and modify the route.
– Heroes Square with history overview
– Vajda Hunyad Castle and architectural exhibition
– Széchenyi Bath and thermal bath culture in hungary
– 1st underground metro line in continental Europe
– Andrássy Avenue
– Elisabeth Square
– St. Steven’s Basilica (dress code: Shoulder and knees must be covered)
– Liberty Square
– Tram n. 2 : Nicest tram line in the city along the Danube bank.
– Central Market and souvenirs
– Liberty Bridge
(Tram on Buda side)
– Castle Garden Bazaar
– Chain Bridge
– Sandor Palace
– Royal Palace is known as Buda Castle
– Mathias Church (dress code: Shoulder and knees must be covered)
– Fisherman’s Bastions
Itinerary order is subject to change