Historical Walking Tour on the Buda side, exploring the first and most important settlement of the Hungarian Kingdom with breathtaking views
TOUR DURATION: 3 hours
PRICE: Please ask for an offer, price may be vary based on the size of the group and season.
I have my own time machine, so come with me for this trip, back to the beginning of the Hungarian Kingdom. We will use our own imagination to be apart of the Renaissance courtyard of Mátyás, a siege when the Ottomans took over our heritage, another one when we finally won it back.
Between history and enchanting views, I will share what happened with the Buda Castle, where we can find the buildings of the first Jewish merchants in Hungary, and I will talk about how to discover some hidden path underground.
We will go inside the “Matthias Church”, which is the most seductive building in the area from around 1250 AC, surrounded by the Fisherman’s Bastions. You will learn, where the name comes from, and if you feel fit enough we can climb up to a tower for the best pictures.
This part of the city is my favourite, full of history i’m passionate about, wonderful views and the best pastry.
– Castle Garden Bazaar and escalator to the Castle District
– Buda Castle and it’s history
– Royal Palace and the courtyard
– Matthias fountain and the hungarian rennaisance
– Former Royal Guards HQ and the stable
– Sándor Palace as our White House
– Dísz Square and the former Ministry of Defence
– Tót Árpád sétány and a wonderful view
– Mattias Church
– Fisherman’s Bastions
– Magdalena Tower
– Ruswurm Confectionary Shop and so on.